Purple Pressed Ass

A seldom-sober pseudonym takes on the totality.

Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Good bad news

An old Seattle Central classmate (and occasional drinking buddy) of mine, Vance Wolfe, recently got fired for allowing his employees to attend Seattle's pro-immigrant march. I'm late to the details, having only heard about it today, and dig that this has been widely covered . . . but better late than red, or something, particularly if it's to give a good fellow like Vance a "goddamn right on!" or its surgical equivalent.

While there's much debate in the musty back webpages of Slog about the legitimacy of a Septieme boycott, I'm all in. First, my participation's due only to blind loyalty, not to any broader consideration. (And on this note: Mr. Wolfe is not merely a former restaurant manager, but a novelist and holder of a philosophy degree--and afficionado of Serge Gainsbourg. Add 'em up and boycott!) Second, I absolutely never go there in the first place, making such an "action" more than convenient.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    hehehe. . .I recently engaged my father in a discussion about immigration. He is generally against less control on immigration, which I found quite funny since he is the son of a Mexican immigrant himself. . .however when I started to make some points on the other side he said, "I don't think you understand my position on immigration, because I haven't finished formulating it yet."

    Hehehe... actually I like this answer because once I heard some of his points I realized that I hadn't finished formulating my position yet either.
    One thing I can say is that I would rather see Mexico gradually come up to our economic standards in the States, than to see the States fall to Mexican economic standards. However the integration of economies happens, let's try NOT to have evenyone end up with the LOWEST common denominator.

    Love,
    Drae

     

Post a Comment

<< Home