Purple Pressed Ass

A seldom-sober pseudonym takes on the totality.

Sunday, September 04, 2005

Bumber breezes

Seattle music festival Bumbershoot is happening straight down the hill from me. I'm all set to go tomorrow, to catch Kinski, the Stooges, the Charming Snakes and other lovely stuff. Meanwhile I'm having my, uh, ear appetite well whetted by Talib Kweli, whose rhymes 'n' beats fly right through my window when the wind catches 'em right. Pretty astounding shit, for free especially. He's got some gorgeous backup soaring girl vocals now and again that whether sampled or live are astonishing. Plus hearing the word "motherfucker" barked rapidfire from a mile away is always thrilling. I love the idea of a whole neighborhood given forced exposure to quality hiphop, whether they like it or not.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    yeah! I heartily agree. . .

     

Post a Comment

<< Home