Purple Pressed Ass

A seldom-sober pseudonym takes on the totality.

Monday, July 18, 2005

lovely as a green parakeet

As it turned out, I did end up having as lovely a day as I'd lamented not having in the last post. True to form, it's taken me a mere week and a day to relate it, thus most of the details are gone to the breeze realms. I do remember it involved going to Woodland Park Zoo to check out their new feature, the dirty-sounding Willawong Station, where for an extra ducat one can hold up a seed-encrusted stick and welcome one of hundreds of parrotoids to settle thereon and have a snack. I can't recommend this highly enough. To have birds eating from one's hand, in company of one's lover and delighted baby girl, on a vaguely rainy day, after checking out the lemurs' new digs on Monkey Island. . . how can a day (and the resulting week plus one day) not be perfect?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home